26/1 – Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It?
Last year a mysterious shipment was caught smuggling Coronavirus from Canada. It was traced to Chinese agents working at a Canadian lab. Subsequent investigation by GreatGameIndia linked the agents to Chinese Biological Warfare Program from where the virus is suspected to have leaked causing the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak.
24/1 – Scientists debate whether Wuhan coronavirus came from bats or snakes amid joint US-China effort to develop vaccine
24/1 – “This Time I’m Petrified”: Virologist Who Helped Discover SARS Offers Chilling Take On Coronavirus Outbreak
24/1 – Virus-hit Wuhan has two laboratories linked to Chinese bio-warfare program
23/1 – China built a lab to study SARS and Ebola in Wuhan – and US biosafety experts warned in 2017 that a virus could ‘escape’ the facility that’s become key in fighting the outbreak
- The Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory is the only lab in China designated for studying dangerous pathogens like SARS and Ebola
- Ahead of its January 2018 opening, biosafety experts and scientists from the US expressed concerns that a virus could escape the lab
- In 2004, a SARS virus ‘leaked’ from a lab in Beijing
- Experts say the coronavirus that’s infected more than 800 people mutated in animals and became capable of infecting humans at the Wuhan seafood market
- But a 2017 article warned of the unpredictability of lab animals that scientists at the Wuhan lab intended to inject with viruses
22/1 – A high-security lab in ground zero Wuhan could hold key to cure Coronavirus
21/1 – Leading Chinese doctor investigating killer coronavirus outbreak admits he has caught the SARS-like infection as furious families accuse hospitals of not testing patients with tell-tale symptoms
- Wang Guangfa was part of a team investigating how the virus emerged in Wuhan
- ‘I was diagnosed and my condition is fine’, he told Kong’s Cable TV today
- Dr Guangfa did not give details on how he may have been infected
- Furious families in China have today accused hospitals of not testing patients
18/10/2019 – Event 201, Statement about nCoV and our pandemic exercise
The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in partnership with the World Economic Forum and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation hosted Event 201, a high-level pandemic exercise on October 18, 2019, in New York, NY. The exercise illustrated areas where public/private partnerships will be necessary during the response to a severe pandemic in order to diminish large-scale economic and societal consequences.
In October 2019, the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security hosted a pandemic tabletop exercise called Event 201 with partners, the World Economic Forum and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Recently, the Center for Health Security has received questions about whether that pandemic exercise predicted the current novel coronavirus outbreak in China. To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019.
14/8/2019 – Weaponizing Biotech: How China’s Military Is Preparing for a ‘New Domain of Warfare’
Categories: Origins, Symptoms, Vaccine