- A Chinese destroyer lased a US Navy P-8A surveillance aircraft with a weapons-grade laser in the Pacific last week, the US Navy said Thursday.
- A Pacific Fleet spokeswoman told Insider the weapon appeared to be part of the Chinese warship’s close-in weapons system.
- “Weapons-grade lasers could potentially cause serious harm to aircrew and mariners, as well as ship and aircraft systems,” a US Pacific Fleet statement read, calling the incident “unsafe and unprofessional.”
China’s Aircraft Carriers Are Paper Tigers As Long As They Don’t Have Capable Jets
US says China’s military was behind 2017 Equifax hack that left personal information of 145 million Americans exposed
- The Department of Justice charged four members of China’s military with carrying out a massive hack of Equifax in 2017.
- The Equifax breach, one of the largest hacks in history, compromised the data of about 145 million Americans.
- Attorney General William Barr called the hack “a deliberate and sweeping intrusion into the private information of the American people.”